Have you ever experienced a hurricane before?
Recently I had the good fortune to experience the wrath of Hurricane Fiona.
I’ve never felt so much gratitude in my whole life. (Or fear!) Hurricane Fiona was the worst storm in Canadian history and it knocked right on our back door.
Much of my community was affected by her fury. But this is nothing new to us. And each time we are affected by a hurricane, it gives us another opportunity to come together to support each other.
What did I learn from Fiona? That perspective is everything.
In the old days, BAA (Before Ann’s Awakening!), I would have bitched and moaned that we had no internet.
But I looked for a reason to be grateful we had no internet.
- Because I wasn’t holed up in my office, I watched eagles soar outside my window. I saw seals playing out back and a senior seagull declare our backyard as hers. Yeah… we named her Fiona too.
- I took a break from constantly checking emails, FB and other time-sucking things.
- I was able to give myself permission to finally start writing my book. There, I said it. Now there is no more need for Spirit to send cryptic messages through others to get this started. You know who you are!
- In the old days, I would have whined and complained that we had no power.
But I looked for a reason to be grateful we had no power.
- Because I had no power, I became grateful for the new generator my husband talked me into.
- We became mindful that although we had power from our generator, others did not. It felt good to share our spare one.
- It felt so good to step away from the constant demands of work and just focus on the needs of others in our community.
- I discovered that I LOVE the silence that comes with no power!
As the late great Dr. Wayne Dyer used to say…
“When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change.”
So let me ask you this…
- What obstacle are you facing right now?
- Is it possible to look at it differently so you can experience a welcome shift? Every thought you choose to think is creating your reality.
- Can you look at the obstacle from a different perspective? Yes, you can. But you may be choosing not to.
When you ACT, your Attitude Changes Things!
I also want to acknowledge that many have been devastated by the effects of Hurricane Fiona and more recently Hurricane Ian.
My message may be a bit of a tough pill to swallow right now. I totally get it. But as you struggle to come up with a reason why you have been so depleted, others struggle with why they have been so blessed.
How can we all pray the same prayers for protection but have such different outcomes?
It can be so hard to have faith when your world has been rocked so hard. It’s tough to believe that life is happening FOR YOU rather than TO YOU.
It can be tough to surrender and trust that the universe is giving us exactly what we need when our lives have been turned upside down.
But this is where faith comes in. Faith that we WILL eventually come to understand why this has happened and what the lesson has been.
It starts with a deep dive into looking at things through a different lens and with a different perspective.
Know that I’m sending you so much love & healing to see you through what can feel like your darkest hour.